I. Basic Policy
In handling personal information, Sekisui House Reit, Inc. (“Sekisui House Reit”) shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information,Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure (hereinafter, the “Number Use Act”) and other relevant laws and regulations as well as guidelines, and strive for proper and safe management and administration in the handling of personal information.
II. Purposes of Use
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The personal information Sekisui House Reit obtains mainly relates to the holders of the securities it issues, the tenants of its investment assets, and its business partners.
Sekisui House Reit may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Exercise of rights by the unitholders and investment corporation bond holders, fulfilment of obligations of Sekisui House Reit and other arrangements for the unitholders and the investment corporation bond holders
- Implementation of measures to facilitate interaction with the unitholders and the investment corporation bond holders
- Preparation of the unitholders registry and the registry of investment corporation bond holders, preparation and filing of various statutory reports, and management of the unitholders’ and the investment corporation bond holders’ information
- Collection, statistical processing and analysis of data in order to provide certain information to potential purchasers of the investment units, investment corporation bonds and other securities that were or will be issued by Sekisui House Reit
- Collection and analysis of data related to acquisition of investment assets by Sekisui House Reit, surveys and investigations related to the acquisition and solicitation of potential buyers of such assets, and smooth execution of selling activities
- Proper implementation of leasing operations of Sekisui House Reit’s investment assets (including use for questionnaire surveys, etc. conducted to enhance the convenience, etc. for the users of such assets)
- Outsourcing to such professionals as attorneys at law, certified public accountants, real estate appraisers, judicial scriveners and land and building inspectors, for the implementation of business by Sekisui House Reit
- Borrowing of funds, issuance of investment corporation bonds and issuance of investment units for the acquisition and management of assets by Sekisui House Reit
- Appropriate and smooth implementation of other operations of Sekisui House Reit
- Provision of personal information to third parties to the extent required to achieve any of the above purposes
2. Purposes of Use of Individual Numbers
Regardless of 1. above, Sekisui House Reit may use individual numbers for the following purposes:
- 1. Specific personal information, etc. of clients, business partners and unitholders
- (a) Preparation of records on financial instruments transactions, etc.
- (b) Preparation of payment records concerning payments of fees, charges, contract money, awards and other services, or of compensation of rights
- (c) Preparation of payment records concerning payments of compensations for use or transfer of real estate
- (d) Preparation of payment records concerning payments of cash distributions, surplus or interests, etc., and distribution of other profits
- (e) Preparation of records concerning grant or exercise of unit acquisition rights of Sekisui House Reit’s investment units, or allotment of investment units without contribution
- (f) Other work related to items (a) through (e) above
- (g) Preparation of statutory reports and such which require individual numbers pursuant to laws and regulations
- 2. Specific personal information of Sekisui House Reit’s executive officers and their relatives
- (a) Preparation of certificates of tax deductions pertaining to employment income and retirement income, preparation of salary payment reports, submission of reports of exemption for dependents, etc., submission of insurance premium deductions and special tax exemptions for spouses of salary earners, and other work concerning tax withholding, etc.
- (b) Notification and application filing concerning health insurance, employees’ pension insurance, employment insurance and other social insurance and labor insurance, or corporate pension (including third insured persons under the National Pension Act).
- (c) Other work related to items (a) and (b) above
Furthermore, Sekisui House Reit will use personal information to the extent required to achieve the above purposes of use, and will not use it for any other purposes.
1. Collection of Personal Information
Sekisui House Reit shall obtain personal information through legitimate and fair means and to the extent required to achieve the purposes of its use. In addition, Sekisui House Reit shall disclose the purposes of use on its website before obtaining personal information on its own accord or from such sources as the property management companies that manage its investment assets. Sekisui House Reit shall also clearly indicate the purposes of use in advance in the event that it obtains personal information of individuals described in contracts or other documents (including electronically prepared records) upon executing such contracts with the said individuals, or when it directly obtain personal information from individuals in writing or through electronic means, etc. However, indication of the purposes of use may be omitted if they are clearly understood from the circumstances in which such information is provided, or if such omission is acceptable by laws and regulations.
2. Collection of Individual Numbers
Regardless of 1. above, Sekisui House Reit shall request individual numbers from individuals or other persons in charge of affairs related to the individual number only when it is necessary to conduct work stipulated in II-2. Requests for individual numbers shall be made when necessity for conducting such work arises or when arising of such is anticipated.
3. Identity confirmation
Upon receiving individual numbers, identity confirmation shall be carried out through methods stipulated under Article 16 of the Number Use Act. In case of receipt from a proxy, the identity of the proxy, the right of representation and his/her individual number shall be confirmed through methods stipulated under the article mentioned above.
IV. Provision to Third Parties
1. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
To the extent required to achieve the above-mentioned purposes of use as well as when legally required to do so, Sekisui House Reit may provide personal information to third parties listed below. Such personal information, contained in the form of electronic data or printed materials including lists and mailing labels, may include names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other items required to achieve such purposes of use described in above 2. Provision of such personal information may be carried out via written communications, postal mails, phone calls, e-mails, advertising media and other means. Sekisui House Reit will cease provision of personal information to third parties if it receives such a request from relevant individuals.
- Counterparties and potential counterparties of contracts regarding acquisition or sale of investment assets
- Building lots and buildings business operators
- Property managers
- Attorneys at law, public accountants, real estate appraisers, judicial scriveners, land and building inspectors, financial institutions, non-life insurance companies and other parties involved in the acquisition, sale and management of real estate
- Software providers related to management and administration of real estate
2. Provision of Specific Personal Information to Third Parties
Regardless of 1. above, Sekisui House Reit shall not provide specific personal information to any third party except for cases stated in items under Article 19 of the Number Use Act.
V. Securing of Accuracy
Sekisui House Reit strives to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date to the extent required to achieve the above-mentioned purposes of use.
VI. Security Management of Personal Information
Sekisui House Reit will implement necessary and appropriate measures to secure proper and safe management of personal information and to prevent improper external access to personal information and its misuse, loss, corruption, falsification and leakage, etc..
VII. Consignment of Handling Personal Information
Sekisui House Reit may outsource the handling of personal information it holds to external operators. When outsourcing handling of personal information in whole or in part, Sekisui House Reit will carefully select and execute outsourcing contracts with such external operators on the condition that they have established and are implementing a management system to appropriately protect personal information. In addition, Sekisui House Reit will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision over such external operators to ensure safety management of personal information.
VIII. Ongoing Improvements
IX. Responses to Requests for Disclosure, Correction, Deletions and Suspension of Use, Etc. of Personal Information
|Name||General Affairs and Accounting Department, Administration Division
Sekisui House Investment Advisors, Ltd.
(Asset management company for Sekisui House Reit)
|Address||1-6-6 Motoakasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
|Phone||+81-3-6447-4870 (hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. on weekdays)|
For inquiries regarding matters recorded in the unitholders registry and personal information regarding administrative services, please contact the following:
|Name||Stock Transfer Agency Department
Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
|Address||2–1, Yaesu 1–chome, Chuo–ku, Tokyo, Japan
Zip code: 103-8670
|Phone||Toll Free only in Japan: 0120–288–324|
|Hours of Operation||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Saturdays and Sundays, public holidays, year-end and new year holidays, etc.)|