Examples of Environmental Certification, etc. Acquired
DBJ Green Building Certification
SHR has acquired the DBJ Green Building Certification for the following properties.
* For the details of each property, please click property photo.
- Hommachi Minami Garden City
- Hommachi Garden City
- HK Yodoyabashi Garden Avenue
- Hirokoji Garden Avenue
- Esty Maison Ojima
- Kobe Women’s Student Housing
- Esty Maison Ebisu II
- Esty Maison Kyobashi
- Prime Maison Musashinonomori
- Prime Maison Kayabakoen
- MAST Hakata
- Prime Maison Takami
- Prime Maison Teriha
- Esty Maison Nishitenma
- Esty Maison Shirokanedai
- Esty Maison Akabane
- Prime Maison Minami 2-jo
- Prime Maison Kamokamogawa
- Prime Maison Central Park
- Prime Maison Ebisu
- Prime Maison Shibuya
- Prime Maison Ichigayayamabushicho
- Esty Maison Morishita
- Prime Maison Otsuka
- Prime Maison Asakusabashi
Overview of DBJ Green Building Certification System
The DBJ Green Building Certification Program was launched by Development Bank of Japan Inc. (“DBJ”) in April 2011, for the purpose of supporting the properties which give proper care to environment and society (“Green Building”).
The program evaluates and certifies properties which are required by society and economy. It makes comprehensive assessment of properties, while evaluating various factors which range from properties’ environmental features to their communication with stakeholders, such as disaster prevention and proper care for surrounding communities.
Since August 2017, Japan Real Estate Institute (“JREI”) evaluates and certifies properties and DBJ controls the DBJ Green Building Certification Program.
|Properties with the best class environmental & social awareness||Properties with exceptionally high environmental & social awareness||Properties with excellent environmental & social awareness||Properties with
|Properties with satisfactory environmental & social awareness|
|5 Stars||4 Stars||3 Stars||2 Stars||1 Star|
* For details of the “DBJ Green Building Certification System”, please click here.
Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
SHR continued to participate in Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (“GRESB”) Assessment to real estate companies and funds, and acquired the following assestment in the GRESB real estate evaluation conducted in 2018.
|GRESB Assessment||Green Star|
|GRESB Public Disclosure||B|
|Health & Well-being Module||Participated|
SHR believes that the key points that helped it earn these ratings are as follows.
- Establishment of sustainability policy and building of management structure
- Efforts aimed at enhancing the content of information disclosure with respect to its sustainability policies and management of such policies
- Multidimensional approach to reduce environmental burden such as energy saving and water saving activities
- A proactive attitude toward acquiring green building certifications and other such certifications
Overview of GRESB and the GRESB Real Estate Assessment
GRESB is an annual benchmark for environmental, social and governance considerations in the global real estate sector, which was established in 2009 primarily by major European pension fund groups which led the Principles for Responsible Investment. The characteristic of the GRESB Assessment is that it evaluates sustainability efforts by real estate companies and REITs, etc., not of individual properties. For details of GRESB Assessment, please click here